Prevent Tire Dry Rot - Ceramic-Infused Dry Seal
RENEW PROTECT products combine titanium and quartz ceramics for extreme protective coatings.
Information & Recommended Products
Protectant Check: If is feels slick or greasy after application, it will destroy your tires.
RENEW PROTECT supplies essential co-polymer elements that restore the original composition (OEM) of the surface. RENEW PROTECT also creates a polymer/ceramic hybrid dry-seal ozone and UV block via zinc and titanium oxides. This technology also serves to retard the “blooming” and “off-gassing” processes and greatly enhances the retention of protective elements within the surface. RENEW PROTECT BLAK contains a high level of carbon black and is ideal for the restoration of faded black surfaces. RENEW PROTECT is silicone and oil-free.
What Causes Tire Dry Rot?
While dry rot is permanent, it's important to keep your tires from developing cracks. The first step in avoiding dry rot is to replace your old tires with new, high-quality tires. Premature dry rot is less likely to occur in these tires. Pay attention to the chemicals and circumstances that your tires are exposed to over time to preserve them and stop tire dry rot.
The following should be avoided:
Protectants, motor oil, and industrial cleaning solutions are examples of abrasive or corrosive chemicals.
- UV rays from excessive or direct sunlight on the tires
- Almost all 'protectants'
- Extremely hot or cold conditions
- Long periods of inactivity, especially for tires under load
- Electrical equipment which produces ozone
- Under-inflation, particularly when the vehicle is used often
How to Prevent Dry Rotting?By adopting a few preventive measures, you can minimize the causes of dry rot. When changing an outdated set of tires, invest in high-quality tires, and choose tires based on speed rating and tread wear strength.
- Keep your vehicle out of the sun as much as possible by driving on a regular basis and not letting it remain unused for extended periods of time. The most common cause of fading and cracking is UV exposure.
- Reduce the amount of ozone exposure from the atmosphere. Ozone is a highly reactive gas made up of three oxygen atoms that may be found in both natural and artificial environments. Vinyl, plastics, textiles, paint, and rubber are just a few of the items that may be damaged by ozone.
- Eliminate the use of 'protectants' or 'tire dressing.' Almost all of these products, regardless of whether they claim to be petrochemical-free, silicone-free, oil-based, or water-based, are made up of silicone, oil, and emulsifiers. Protectants can include damaging wetting agents, solvents, surfactants, dispersants, and detergents.
- These cosmetics just improve the look of the rubber by giving temporary moisture and gloss. Keep in mind that a solvent will eventually degrade any surface. Protectant's emulsifiers also decrease the protective waxes in rubber. Most protectants should be labeled as "cleaners with shiny things mixed in".
- Think about the cleaners you use and how you use them. High pH cleansers are used in tire cleaners and automated car washes to clean the surfaces, however, they ultimately damage the materials. RENEW-PRO-treated surfaces will need much less cleaning and may even remove the requirement for tire cleaners.
- Taking care of your tires, driving your vehicle on a regular basis, and keeping the tires correctly inflated are the best ways to avoid dry rot. If you always park your car, do it in a garage, ideally one with temperature control. Check your air pressure at least once a month. Dry rot, which may lead to blowouts, can also be avoided by storing your vehicle with blocks below the tires.
RENEW PROTECT Tire Dry Rot Prevention Products
RENEW PROTECT BLAK and GLOZ provide co-polymer key components that restore the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) composition of the surface, providing a lasting repair for plastic fading and vinyl cracking. With embedded quartz, zinc, and titanium nano-ceramic oxides, it also produces a dry-seal ozone and UV barrier which gives excellent tire dry rot protection.
This technique also helps to prevent blooming and off-gassing, as well as improving the preservation of protective components on the surface. RENEW PROTECT BLAK also has a high concentration of UV-blocking carbon black, making it excellent for restoring fading black surfaces. RENEW PROTECT has no silicone, oil, or active petrochemical solvents. It creates a safe dry seal.
RENEW PROTECT BLAK
RENEW PROTECT BLAK restores a deep and lasting black shine to worn and faded surfaces such as tires, trim, vinyl, and plastics. BLAK is a once-a-year treatment that protects surfaces from UV and ozone exposure, prevents dry rot, and is suitable for motorcycles and golf carts. BLAK is a tire protectant that restores deep black color and shine on external surfaces that are at risk of fading.
RENEW PROTECT GLOZ
GLOZ will restore light to mid-level fading and protect tires from dry rotting. The plasticizers and polymers that have been lost due to normal use or from exposure to other products restores depth of color and shine on external surfaces. GLOZ is designed to produce a strong dry seal that prevents adhesion of dirt and water and can be cleaned with mild soap many times.
Why RENEW PROTECT?
RENEW PROTECT is a tire dry rot repair product that restores the original surface composition and gives a dry seal finish that lasts 1 to 2 years without using a silicone base. RENEW PROTECT products offer a totally new way of restoring and preserving surfaces for tire treatment and to prevent dry rot. The products are designed to provide optimum protection and durability, minimizing the need for product purchases and treatments.
BLAK, GLOZ, DASH, and HOME are RENEW PROTECT's top products that are designed to restore and protect the color and integrity of rubber, plastic, vinyl, tires, trim, bumpers, interiors, and more. RENEW PROTECT was created to go above and beyond the original equipment manufacturer's (OEM) requirements for genuine restoration. They provide a dry-seal finish that is a plasticizer-rich, elastomeric polymer. Zinc and titanium oxides are also utilized in RENEW PROTECT products to prevent UV and ozone.
The dry seal that our products create prevents the adhesion of dirt and water while providing a new appearance that lasts 1 to 2 years. Surfaces that have been treated simply need to be cleaned on a regular basis using a light detergent and/or water.
CONCLUSION: Fading and tire dry rot can be slowed by the application of BLAK, GLOZ, or DASH, but once tires, plastic, or vinyl are cracked, dry rot cannot be stopped, and replacement of the tire is the safest option.
"Love the stuff. We will order more soon!"
Keith Johnson, Inventory Manager
"My detail manager has used your DASH product. I personally tried it today on a 2014 Mercedes S Class sedan, I loved the way it applied and looked. The RENEW PROTECT products are a great addition. DASH is working great, we love it!"
Jesse Rodriguez, Splash Car Wash
"I have used the RENEW PROTECT products on not only my antique and modern motorcycles but also my truck tires with great success. They have been through months of sunshine and rain and still look as black and shiny as the day I put them on. I would recommend the products for anyone wanting protection and that continuous new look."
Louie Hale, Dixie Chapter President
Antique Motorcycle Club of America
"The best investment we have made for restorations on carts in years! We Love It."
Debbie, Southern Dunes Golf & CC